8.03.2009

fairs and friends

This past weekend was great! Saturday was a marathon of stitching from open stitch at Acorns and Threads in the morning to stitching at the county fair with friends in the evening. I got a chance to work on two projects.






I put in some more stitches into my Chatelaine project: "Alhambra Garden". I just started it a week ago, before the heat wave. I have a long road ahead but I am really excited about this project.











I also worked on the the sidewalk for Little Leaf Designs: "Garden Welcome". I'm really happy with how it turned out.










This is another. I finished it on my trip to NJ in June. I was visiting my hometown and gardens definitely hold a special place for me since my mom had a wonderful flower garden.

Little Leaf Designs: "Tend Your Garden"
I changed the poem to something that suits me better. It reflects my little flower garden that is a collection of containers on my balcony.








This is a close-up of the work on the leaves, which was a lot of fun. I love how the colors worked out. The little flowers in the border were supposed to be white, but I love to add color.


No comments:

Post a Comment