8.06.2009

knit and crochet beginnings

Here is a sampling of my beginning works in knitting and crocheting. I don't actually have photos of much since I've given a lot of it away.




I picked up a kit of chunky yarn and needles from a craft store and proceeded to let the project cure for a few years before I decided to disregard the pattern and make this hat. A friend helped me with the "ah-ha" moment where I finally figured out how to knit so I gave this as thanks.










This is one of my first crochet projects. A friend picked up a kit for a lap-ghan and we proceeded to modify the pattern and make out own blankets. Mine did stop at lap-ghan size, while hers got larger. It was a lot of fun and a lot of movies.











Here is a close up of the stitching. I've also modified this further by adding more corners and found that it pleats itself. Unfortunately, I no longer have that piece so no photo. I may have to make it again since it was so cool.











This is my current knitting project: a shawl out of the book Folk Shawls by Cheryl Oberle. It's the Simple Garter Stitch Prairie Shawl. The camera does not capture the true color, but it's close. I'm about half-way through.











I got the yarn at Yarn for All Seasons in Newport, OR. The yarn is "The Heathers 220" by Cascade Yarns - 100% Merino Wool. I just love the feel of it! I'm hoping to have it finished by winter when I'd want to wear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment